|Red Wine Rice with Grapes|
This recipe belongs to Rachel Ray. I saw it when she presented it on her 30 Minute Meals Show on the Food Network. Most people would be afraid of trying this one, not me, I am always inventing and when I saw it, it was love. What could be wrong with Wine, rice and grapes? Nothing!
Please, try it, you will not regret it.
- 1 3/4 cups dry red wine (I used Cabernet sauvignon*)
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- Bring red wine to a boil with bay leaf and olive oil, stir in white rice and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes, stir in grapes, turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes.
*Next time I make it, I will use a different red wine. I will let you know.