Thursday, September 1, 2011

Red Wine Rice with Grapes

Red Wine Rice with Grapes
This is one of those recipes that I would not dare to change. It is unbelievably delicious, and it is like the saying:  If it ain't broken, don't fix it.  
This recipe belongs to Rachel Ray.  I saw it when she presented it on her 30 Minute Meals Show on the Food Network.  Most people would be afraid of trying this one, not me, I am always inventing and when I saw it, it was love.  What could be wrong with Wine, rice and grapes? Nothing! 

Please, try it, you will not regret it.  


Ingredients:     
  • 1 3/4 cups dry red wine (I used Cabernet sauvignon*)  
  • 1 fresh bay leaf
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
Directions:
  1. Bring red wine to a boil with bay leaf and olive oil, stir in white rice and reduce heat to a simmer. 
  2. Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes, stir in grapes, turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes.


Buon Appetito!

*Next time I make it, I will use a different red wine. I will let you know. 

No comments: