It is a fact that many people are afraid of making Hummus. I just don't understand why. It is surely easier than making, for example, a chicken stew or than making black beans Cuban style.
This is how I make it.
- 1 15.5 oz chick peas or garbanzo beans can -reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid-
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp of tahini - I make my own, it is very simple too-
- 1/8 cup olive oil -a little more might be necessary
- pepper to taste
- *Smoked hot paprika
- In the processor, put the garlic and garbanzo beans, process until creamy. Then add the lemon juice, tahini, reserved liquid, pepper, half the olive oil and process some more.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and garnish with the rest of the olive oil and this time I used smoked hot paprika, but you can use any toppings like olives and parsley. Eat it with Pita bread or in sandwiches.
Please don't be afraid to make hummus, your taste buds will thank you.