Saturday, November 24, 2012

Fudge Espresso Brownies


Who does not like chocolate? I know at home we are crazy about it! Brownies is a dessert that I discovered when I came to this country and I tell you, what a treat! 

I found this recipe in one of the cooking magazines I have, but, like with almost everything I do, I changed it a little bit.  
Ingredients:
Fudge Espresso mix
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 2.5oz unsweetened chocolate 
  • 1 tablespoon instant-espresso powder
  • 1/2 cup sugar (I used Splenda)*
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • a few drops of a secret ingredient                                                                                                                            
Directions:
Ready for the oven
Fudge Espresso Brownies   

              
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Grease 13- by 9-inch baking pan. 
  2. Melt butter and chocolate with espresso powder in a heavy saucepan over low heat, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm. Whisk in sugar and vanilla and secret ingredient. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time until mixture is glossy and smooth.
  3. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, and salt, then whisk into chocolate mixture. Spread batter in pan and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with crumbs adhering, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.

* If you are using regular sugar use 1 cup














Please enjoy this delicious dessert.  You won't regret it.  There is no wrong way of doing it so be creative, improvise.

Buon Appetito


No comments: