Monday, September 12, 2011

Whole Wheat Linguini Alfredo

Don´t feel so guilty when you eat pasta, especially because you can make it healthy.  I like it better than rice.  At home, I always purchase whole wheat pasta and make my own sauces.  


There are many types of pasta, I have shown you the Penne Rigate, and today I will show you Linguini.  Linguini is between spaghetti and fettucini.  I like linguini best because it is not too thin, and not too thick.

Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Linguini Alfredo

  • 1 pound of whole wheat linguini
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 1 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese or store bought
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil


Directions:

  1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the linguini until al dente.  
  2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. 
  3. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. 
  4. Stir in basil and serve over linguini.
Buon Appetito! 









No comments: