This is a delicious recipe and all mine. My family loves this one. I think you will too.
|Sage-Rosemary Chicken Breast on a Balsamic Reduction|
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dry sage
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz tomatoes italian style*
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Marinate the chicken with the rosemary, sage, oregano, salt and pepper, preferably overnight.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts for even cooking; then, if you desire, cut it in half.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in the olive oil over medium heat until golden brown, add the onions and let it cook until slightly brown.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the vinegar has reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Add the tomatoes and cook approximately 5 minutes more. Serve.
*In the market you can purchase a Can of Italian Style diced tomatoes.