- 1 Pound of Penne Pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups of plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook stirring, until golden, about a minute. Add the plum tomatoes, oregano, crushed red pepper. Reduced the heat to low, and cook stirring, until tomato juices run.
- Add the penne, basil and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
- Serve with more cheese if you like.
Meatballs with Cilantro sauce
|Meatballs with Cilantro sauce|
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons of dry oregano
- 2 Tablespoons of Smoked Paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs Italian Style or Panko
- 1/2 cup Canola oil to fry
- 1 garlic clove
- Bunch of cilantro
- Canola oil
- Marinate the ground beef with the oregano and smoked paprika (preferably a day ahead)
- Add the egg to hold it together, bread crumbs and form into little meatballs
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet and fry the meatballs until done.
- Meanwhile, use a pestle and mortar to mash the garlic until a puree is form, add the cilantro and continue to mash, add a little bit of canola oil.
- Carefully remove meatballs from the skillet and serve with the cilantro mixture on top.
These two dishes are very easy and delicious. Please let me know if you make them, what do you think of it. You can also vary these recipes to your preferences, please share what you discover.